Here are 5 tips for mailing those wedding invitations.
- Wedding invitations should be mailed six to eight weeks before the wedding so your guests have plenty of time to respond and make travel plans.
- See A Simple Guide to Assembling your Wedding Invitations, for step-by-step instructinos on assembling your wedding invitation ensemble.
- Weigh a fully assembled invitation with all enclosure cards and envelopes at the post office to determine exact postage needed. (Note: many invitations mail for the cost of a standard postage stamp, but some styles may cost more due to unique size and shape.)
- Make addressing envelopes easier by ordering your envelopes printed with your return address. Most invitation retailers offer envelope addressing. (Tip: use the same ink color and lettering style as your invitations for a fully coordinated look.)
- Don’t forget envelope seals! They add the perfect finishing touch to your invitation ensemble. Order extra seals as accents for gifts, favors and thank you notes.
P.S. Double- and triple-check that all names are spelled correctly and titles are accurate before mailing wedding invitations. Misspelling a guest’s name is not only discourteous, it’s embarrassing.