It’s the last week before the wedding and you might be feeling a little stressed. Maybe “A little” is an understatement. Don’t worry, all brides go through it. It’s unavoidable when you’re juggling the demands of wedding planning and real life (you know, that boring old job that pays the bills?). So put down that pint of ice cream (your friends Ben and Jerry can’t make those centerpieces any cheaper) and read on for our helpful tips to cope with pre-wedding worries.
1. Make a list of everything you need to do (big and small) and mark things off as you go. If there is anything on the list you can delegate to a trustworthy person then by all means, delegate!
2. Take time for yourself. Go to bed early.
3. Eat food loaded with nutrition (no junk food!). Don’t overdo the caffeine. Stay hydrated.
4. Get a massage if you have time. If not, soak in a tub full of Epsom salts.
5. Listen to music that calms you.
6. Write in your journal, pray or meditate. Talk to your mom or grandmother (if she is the calming type).
7. Spend some quality time with your future husband.
8. Practice smiling at yourself in the mirror. Stick out your tongue at yourself. Laugh.
9. Pet your dog or cat. Have a heart-to-heart conversation with your pet.
10. Read a few chapters of a romance novel. Watch a comedy on TV or anything that is an escape.
11. Go with your bridesmaids, best friend or sister to get your nails done.
12. If you’re working, take more time off than you think you’ll need pre-wedding (if possible).
13. Take a moment to go outside and sit on the grass. Take in the smells, the colors, and breathe deeply.
14. Focus on what’s already gone right with your wedding planning so far.
15. Remember the reason for all this fuss — you found an awesome guy who will make a great husband!
There’s really no such thing as a “perfect” wedding day. Just remember that for better or for worse, nobody but you is going to remember all the nitty-gritty details of your wedding a year from now (including the groom!). The day will blur together in a wonderful, happy memory.
So, take some time to relax and enjoy this long-awaited day!