Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays to decorate the inside and the outside of my house. These decoration ideas are DIY, quick and inexpensive. Get started this weekend on your black and white spooky touches!
- Create a banner to hang across your mantel, porch or doorway. Cut out circles from black construction paper, add black tulle or lace around backside, glue on a doily and scrapbooking chipboard letters. Punch out holes and thread baker’s twine thru circles.
- Make vintage paper fans by folding newspaper or pages from an old book accordion style and adding circles of black or orange to center. Hang from your lights above table or in windows.
- Dress up candles with black electric tape stripes, black paint or black glitter. These would be for décor only, not to burn. Battery operated candles are a great, safe alternative.
- Purchase white pumpkins from your local farmers market. Add stripes, dots or a chevron pattern. Place on candle stands to give the pumpkins some height and interest on your table. If putting outside, you may want to add a clear coat of sealer to pumpkins so paint stays on and doesn’t chip.
- Add a black ribbon to a white bowl or small planter. Add treats and a plastic skeleton hand.
Tips to save! Try growing your own white pumpkins. Mini pumpkins look great stacked in a black bowl or basket.