If you’ve been browsing color palettes and are drawn to deep and rich color, you’re going to love this wedding mood board. The definition of opulence is “great wealth or luxuriousness”. The irony is that this entire look, which we’re calling “Pure Opulence” was entirely inspired by a 99¢ wedding invitation.
A Decedent Invitation
One look at this dark and dreamy wedding invitation and you’ll fall in love. First, with the price; it’s crazy affordable! Next, those colors. Jewel tones have been trending for years, particularly for fall weddings, but what sets this invitation apart is the use of black as well. The burgundy and slate blue floral illustration pops to life against the black background. And those gold accents – they’re printed faux foil, giving you the look of expensive foil-stamping, but for a really affordable price.
The Wedding Party
Let’s take the color palette from the invitation and dress the wedding party to coordinate. The look in this mood board is absolute perfection and mirrors the invite. Dress your groomsmen and bridesmaids in black, and use pops of jeweled-toned color in the bouquets, boutonnieres and bowties. The groom is dressed in a burgundy jacket, which we are soooo here for. For the bride, avoid white. Choose a cream color gown and ask your florist to design a huge, draping bouquet. This jewel-toned wedding party look is one of our all-time favorites!
Jewel Tones – Everywhere!
To achieve a look that’s dripping with luxury, the key is color, not money. Do not shy away from using those dark and rich jewel tones everywhere.
We’re all about creating gorgeous wedding details on the cheap. Here are our favorite ways to pull of jewel-toned wedding décor for less:
- Faux-Gold Accessories: Anything be turned to gold with a little spray paint. Gather accessories like candlesticks, frames and even chairs from thrift stores and breathe new life into them with gold paint.
- Greenery: Adding greenery is a cheap way to add an expensive look to your day. Order in bulk from a site like Flower Moxie to get greens on the cheap. For this look, choose darker toned greenery like Israeli Ruscus or Tree Fern. Use greens to line your aisle, or create a living table runner down your reception tables.
- Black Linens: Covering tables in black table linens will add instant drama to your wedding reception. But our favorite thing about choosing black is that it’s the cheapest color to rent! Shop around for the best prices!
- Thrifted Dinnerware: Thrifting mismatched, vintage dinnerware and glassware is a fantastic way to add a unique touch to your reception. If you’re having a huge wedding, and this feels costly or overwhelming, focus on the head table only. Choose vintage china with gold accent and faceted crystal drinkware. It’ll add an eclectic look for way less.
- Golden Bar: Personalize your bar with custom gold cocktail napkins. They’re super-cheap and add extra personality to your celebration.
Photo Credits: Groom: Capture the Canvas Photography via Wedding Forward, Bouquet: Docuvitae via Green Wedding Shoes, Wedding Party: Ashtyn Nicole Photo via Junebug Weddings, Table: Brittany Bays Photography via The Overwhelmed Bride, Cake: Rachel Rowland Photography via Junebug Weddings