1. Give sunglasses to each guest with a program. Sunglasses work great as inexpensive summer wedding favors. Add a cute tag to the glasses; leaving a great impression is all in the details.
image from Style Me Pretty, photography by Braedon Photography
2. Give your guests colorful umbrellas to block the sun. Umbrellas and parasols not only help keep guests cool, they add brilliant color to your wedding and they double as fun summer wedding favors.
umbrella wedding favors from The Special Day, photography from Jules Bianchi
3. Rent a tent to protect your guests and wedding party from the heat and sun.
wedding reception tent from Real Simple
4. If your ceremony is on the beach, have a basket of flip-flops for guests to change into so they don’t ruin their dress shoes or stumble in the sand.
flip flop favors from Leo DJ Photography
5. Have a basket of sunscreen and lip balm for guests to grab if needed. You can always wrap a personalized label around them so they coordinate with your wedding colors.
DIY lip balm wedding favors from Something Turquoise
6. Have plenty of water on hand for guests. Water bottles can also be wrapped with personalized labels and placed in a tub of ice for guests to grab as needed.
water bottle labels from Ann’s Bridal Bargains
7. Choose program fans instead of traditional wedding programs or hand out personalized wedding favor fans along with your programs. It’s amazing the difference a single fan can make.
wedding program fans from Ann’s Bridal Bargains, photography from Steve Harvey
We hope you enjoyed these outdoor wedding ideas for your sunny (cross your fingers) wedding day. Have fun coming up with creative summer wedding favors and other special ways to make your day even more enjoyable for your guests.