I dare you to look at a field of sunflowers and not feel instantly happy. This sweet and cheerful flower has become the darling of rustic wedding themes and we get why – it exudes country style! Plus, it’s a super affordable look to pull together.
If this theme is a look you’re eyeing, we here with rustic sunflowers wedding ideas to inspire.
Start With: A Rustic Sunflower Wedding Invitation
Kicking off your wedding with a rustic sunflower invitation is a must! The invitation features in our mood board has fun details like a gold frame and light woodgrain background, giving it a hint of rustic glam.
If that style doesn’t float your boat, we’re busy dreaming up new sunflower designs all the time. And we’re definitely the best place to buy your sunflower invites, since these beauties are crazy-affordable, feature thick paper and come with free RSVP cards.
Add Rustic Wedding Touches
Sunflowers are the star of your wedding, but adding in rustic-themed details is key to pulling off that perfect Pin-worthy style:
- Woodgrain Touches: Add woodgrain elements to keep things rustic and casual. We love the natural, raw woodgrain featured in our mood board, but you could also use a dark and rich wood color. Choose wooden chairs for seating guests, a rustic wood arch to say your vows under and woodgrain vessels to hold everything from your wedding programs to centerpieces to napkins at the bar.
- Vintage Lace: Nothing says country charm like vintage lace. This sweet element is just the right touch of softness and romance that your rustic wedding day needs.
- Boho Elements: If you’re going casual, but still want on-trend style, infuse some bohemian details like flower crowns and floral wreaths.
And Finally…the Sunflowers!
Go over-the-top with sunflowers! Here’s a secret about sunflowers: they are incredibly sturdy and even amateur florists can create gorgeous displays in no time. Order bulk sunflowers and enlist your friends to design:
- Sunflower Bouquets: Gather 6 – 12 sunflowers, add greenery like eucalyptus and tied with floral wire. Cover the stems with ribbon or burlap and you’ve got a bouquet on the cheap.
- Rustic Sunflower Centerpieces: Insert disposable plastic containers inside rustic baskets or wood boxes then add a piece of water-soaked floral foam. To create a professional looking centerpiece, simply insert the stems of flowers into the foam. It’s so easy! Go with sunflowers, greenery and even extra flowers like yellow roses and yellow filler flower like solidago.
- Rustic Sunflower Ceremony Arch: Creating a DIY sunflower-themed sunflower arch will make your ceremony photos pop! Lessen stress by using silk sunflowers instead of fresh.