Are you thinking about getting married in the winter? This unconventional wedding season is becoming more and more popular each year. And, it’s easy to see why. With fewer weddings scheduled in winter than in fall, spring or summer, it can be a whole lot cheaper to get married during this chilly season. Wedding guests also love that a winter wedding gives them something to celebrate during the “off” season. And our favorite reason of them all – winter wedding themes are so romantic and gorgeous!
If you’re searching for a winter wedding theme that feels organic and rustic, we think you’ll fall in love with this winter birch wedding day look.
Start With: A Nature-Themed Winter Wedding Invitation
Finding a winter wedding invitation that fits your style can be tough. Not every rustic wedding invitation is suited for the season and so many winter invitations are adorned with snowflakes and sparkles. But this birch and pine themed set is practically perfect.
The birch background, winter greenery and pinecones come together in harmony that’s suited for a winter wedding that’s inspired by nature. And, you’ll love the crazy-low price and free (yes, free!) RSVP postcards that are included.
Create an Organic Winter Color Palette
A rustic winter wedding color palette is easy to create. Just follow these guidelines:
- Creamy White: Instead of choosing a bright white, go with a creamy off-white. The shade in our mood board has gray undertones, inspired by the birch bark.
- Hunter Green: A shade of green is a must for a rustic winter wedding theme, but choose carefully. Stick with a rich hunter green tone instead of brighter green colors that lean more spring and summer.
- Warm Brown: The brown tones in the pinecones will bring a needed warmth to you winter wedding day.
Add Natural Winter Wedding Details
When it comes time to think about the décor for your rustic winter wedding, keep it simple:
- Winter Florals and Greenery: Work with your florist to create bouquets that feel right out of a winter fairy tale. Use winter greenery plucked right from you invitation like cedar and pine. Add in creamy white flowers like roses and ranunculus. And finally, add in pinecones for the final organic touch.
- Birch Wedding Decorations: Using birch tree details in your ceremony and reception is simple. For your ceremony, DIY a birch tree arch and adorn it with winter greens. At your wedding reception, a birch-bark inspired wedding cake is a must! Add personalized carved heart napkins to the bar for a custom touch everyone will love.
- Organic-Inspired Bridal Styling: Keeping your wedding-day styling organic is key to pulling together this winter wedding look. Add a faux-fur cape or shawl over your wedding dress is so sophisticated and adds that warm brown tone, along with natural detail. Adding winter greenery and florals into your hair is another perfect way to add a touch of nature to your look.