Years ago, rustic elements took the wedding scene by storm. Baby’s breath flower crowns, mason jar centerpieces and birch bark ceremony arches were springing up in weddings from coast to coast.
While some rustic trends have faded (RIP burlap table runners), we’re so happy the rustic-themed weddings have evolved and become a forever classic theme. Here are our favorite themes for this year, and the prettiest rustic wedding invitations to pair with them:
1. Rustic Florals
When it comes time to style your rustic themed wedding, don’t forget about the flowers. Choosing the right blossoms will add a touch of romance to your day and softens other rustic elements like woodgrain.
Take your inspiration for your rustic floral theme from this affordable rustic floral invitation set, featuring a modern geometric frame and cream roses. Weave the look into your entire day with:
- Cream Roses and Greenery: Use them in your bouquets and centerpieces too!
- Dark Woodgrain: Rent wooden chairs for your ceremony and reception.
- Modern Gold Elements: Replicate the look of the gold frame and roses by renting a gold ceremony arch with a similar feel.
2. Sophisticated Rustic
There was a time when sophisticated and rustic didn’t go together. But, times have changed!
To pull rustic details into your sophisticated wedding day look, keep it simple. Using raw woodgrain will keep your day looking organic and beautifully simple. We love how this simple rustic wedding invitation features white greenery swags framing your initials.
Take a nod from this design, and add these details to your day for a cohesive look:
- Raw Woodgrain Table Numbers: Create DIY table numbers that match your invitation.
- Simple Greenery Centerpieces: Use greenery garlands down the center of the tables for a simple and sophisticated look.
3. Modern Greenery
Oooh, we love this look! This theme has a rustic touch, but keeps the styling super fresh and simple.
Create a rustic greenery wedding theme by carefully selecting the greens – you might be surprised by how many varieties are available. Use this pretty greenery wedding invitation as inspiration and pay special attention to the emerald and hunter green colors.
Your florist can help you find coordinating greens to use in your wedding in these fun ways:
- Simple Greenery Boutonnieres: A simple and minimalist touch for the groom and his guys.
- Greenery Adorned Chairs: A sprig of greenery on each chair would be so pretty!
- Table Settings with Greenery: The details matter! Place one twig of greenery on each table setting to create a beautiful and cheap way to decorate your tables.
4. Woodland Moss
This sweet theme feels a little like a fairy tale. Moss is a trendy rustic wedding theme, and we love how this moss wedding invitation adds a few twinkle lights to make it extra romantic.
To pull off a wedding that uses moss right, consider these styling tips:
- Moss-Colored Jewels: Weave the color of your rustic moss into your jewelry by choosing sparkly jewels that coordinate.
- Twinkle Lights: Using twinkle lights, especially draped in your reception space, will tie in that sweet glow from your wedding invitation.
- Moss-Themed Centerpieces: Purchase low vessels that match the shape of your tables and top them with moss to create simple and affordable wedding decorations.
5. Carved Tree Romance
On the search for a rustic wedding theme that’s romantic and cute? There’s nothing sweeter than your initials carved into a tree, and this carved-heart themed invitation sets the tone for your day perfectly.
This rustic theme is a favorite, so we’re positive you’ll find lots of ideas about how to use carved tree elements into your wedding. Pulling the look of your wedding invitation into your wedding is easy:
- Your Ceremony Setting: If you can, get married outside! Ideally, find a place that you can use a tree as the focal point.
- Floral Crown: Use the look of those sweet white mini roses in your bridal look. A floral crown with small roses and greenery is perfect.
- A Matching Program: Create a wedding program that matches your invitation. This rustic wedding program is a sweet choice, and affordable too!
6. Elegant Rustic
Can a rustic theme and elegant style work together? YES! These two popular themes come together in sweet harmony on this pretty elegant rustic wedding invitation that blends together woodgrain, lace and cute glowing lights.
Creating a rustic elegant wedding is easy when you pluck the elements from this invitation:
- Lace Wedding Dress: Delicate lace with vintage styling is the most popular type of wedding dress for rustic weddings.
- Outdoor String Lights: Create a cozy space by stringing up bulb lights in your reception space. They’ll create an instant romantic glow, and you don’t have to light a single candle!
Have you found the right rustic theme for your wedding day? We hope so! Happy planning, brides and groom! xo