If you have your heart set on a country-themed wedding, this mood board is just for you! Ditch the suit and tie (but keep the dress!) – this wedding theme goes all-in on country western style.
Start With: A Country Western Wedding Invitation
The first impression of what your wedding day holds all depends on your invitation. Your guests will open the envelope, pull your invite out and instantly be given a hint about what to expect on your wedding day.
For this mood board, we had no choice but to use this super cute country-western themed invitation set. The woodgrain background is rustic. The twinkle lights are romantic. And those cowboy boots, hat and daisy bouquet?! It doesn’t get any more charming! If you need persuading, the RSVP card comes with the invite set for free!
Add Must-Have Country Wedding Details
There are a few must-have details when it comes to pulling off a country western wedding that’s part rustic, part romantic:
- Woodgrain Decor: Take a nod from the woodgrain pattern on your invitation. Add in rustic wood details like wooden chairs and tables, tree rounds on reception tables and signs throughout your venue. Bonus points if you can find a wooden barn to hold your wedding in.
- Romantic Details: A country wedding needs lots of romantic touches. After all, this is a wedding, not a rodeo! Adding in feminine details like lace and loads of candlelight will soften the mood.
- Sweet Country Flowers: Country weddings need country flowers! Our favorite pick for country wedding flowers are daisies or sunflowers, paired with baby’s breath.
Dress Your Wedding Party with Country Styling
Even cowboys and cowgirls need to clean up a little for their wedding day.
- The Bride: You’re going to want to boogie, so choose a dress that hugs your frame but offers some stretch. Our favorite silhouette for a country wedding is a mermaid gown and it’s gotta be draped in vintage lace. And don’t forget your cowgirl boots, they’re a must!
- The Groom: You know how people say you should never wear jeans to a wedding? Well, we’re kicking that advice right to the curb. We love a country groom dresses in jeans and a sport jacket. Make sure he wears his boots and favorite cowboy hat too!
- The Wedding Party: Dress your bridesmaids in a pretty pastel hue. We love a tea-length dress for a casual summer wedding or floor-length for an autumn event. The groomsmen can duplicate the groom’s look with a contrasting shirt or hat color.
Photo Credits: Bride: Denver Dresses, Groom: Western Wedding Magazine, Lights: Misty Miotto via Something Turquoise, Bouquet: Tory Williams Photography via Style Me Pretty, Horse: Rachel Havel Photography via The Knot