Have you been day-dreaming about what to choose as your wedding colors? It’s such a huge decision! If you’re thinking about a going with a neutral wedding color palette, but want a little pop of color, this pretty color combination is a gorgeous choice.
These four hues can be used in any season and are especially great if your wedding style is natural and boho:
Main Color: Taupe
Accent Color: Terra Cotta
Accent Color: Wheat
Start With a Neutral Boho Wedding Invitation
Combining these wedding colors with bohemian details is a lovely way to bring them together, and inviting with this boho wedding invite creates a perfect first impression to your guests.
Totally on-trend for this season, this cheap wedding invitation has a display of dried flowers that appear feathery and are wildflower-inspired. The neutral shades of taupe, wheat and soft terracotta frame your wedding invitation wording beautifully. And the best part is, it comes with a free RSVP postcard too!
How to Use Taupe in Your Wedding
Taupe is a trending wedding color, and we love it used as the main color in a wedding. Weave it throughout your day in these different ways:
- Bridesmaids: Choose taupe dresses for your bridesmaids. Draping your girls in a neutral color lets you have fun with accessories and flowers.
- The Groom and Groomsmen: Dress the guys in taupe suits. A departure from standard black, this suit color feels casual, but classic too!
- Tablescapes: Use taupe table linens at your reception. Choosing a neutral color creates such a sophisticated look!
Mix in Terracotta and Wheat Tones
Adding terracotta and wheat tones add interest, and a hint of color, to your neutral wedding colors. Our favorite ways to add in terracotta and wheat accents are:
- Jewelry: Pull that pretty terracotta color into your look with sparkling jewels, set in gold.
- Flowers: Work with your florist to create a flower bouquet that feels like it was plucked from a natural wildflower field.
- Ceremony Backdrop: If you’re going to splurge on one thing for your wedding, make it your ceremony backdrop. A modern arch covered in boho-inspired flowers will make for a perfect photo backdrop too.
Add Some Gold Sparkle
Every wedding needs a little sparkle and we love a soft gold paired with these neutral tones.
- Chairs: Renting gold-colored ceremony and reception chairs will create an entirely different look than standard white.
- Candles: Every wedding needs candles upon candles! Using gold colored candle holders will add instant romance, and interest, to your reception space.
- Napkins: Affordable gold foil napkins are a super fun way to add a personalized touch to your reception bar.
Best wishes, brides and grooms! xoxo