Whether your southwest-themed wedding is set in the desert or your hometown, we love this look popping up in weddings from coast to coast.
Start With: A Desert Themed Wedding Invitation
Your guests will be thrilled to open your invitation envelope and see an invite as beautiful as this to set the tone for your wedding day!
For this desert theme, we started with this super chic southwestern-themed invitation set. The sunset colors in the watercolor background look incredible next to the natural cactus elements and bright blooms. The colors are soft and sweet and give us major boho vibes for this southwestern look. Bonus: the matching, RSVP card comes with this wedding invitation set for free!
Create a Southwestern Color Palette
A few key colors can set the tone for your southwest wedding:
- Sage Green: A shade of natural green is a must too add a natural tone to your southwest wedding day. Choose sage or another soft shade of green and it’ll pair perfectly with your succulent and cactus elements.
- Terra Cotta: Warm oranges will bring sunshine vibes to this wedding theme. Choose a brighter orange if you want more of a pop of color or stick with terra cotta for a natural vibe.
- Ivory: To pair with the soft, sunset tones of a southwestern wedding, go with ivory and off-white instead of bright whites. We love the bride’s dress choice on our mood board!
Add Fun and Unique Southwest Details
Now the fun part! Making a desert cactus wedding your very own to love. Here are some of our favorite details:
- Succulents and Cacti: Use succulents and cacti plants on table centerpieces and around your reception. Succulents and greenery will look incredible nestled in your bridal bouquet.
- Funky Details: Don’t be afraid to be a little eclectic. Go bold and find ways to incorporate a cow skull or two in your reception décor.
- Signature Drinks: Take your wedding cocktails to the next level with a southwest-themed, signature cocktail. How about a jalapeño margarita?! Print the drink recipe on our favorite cocktail napkins and guest can sip and enjoy all night and remake it at home.
Photo Credits: Seating: Megan Welker via Beijos, Table: Megan Welker via Beijos, Cake: Alicia Lucia Photography, Bride and Groom: Monique Serra Photography via Good Seed Floral, Margaritas: Alicia Lucia Photography